GetResponse is an email marketing app that allows you to:
- create a mailing list and capture data onto it
- send emails to the subscribers on your mailing list
- automate your emails to subscribers via use of ‘autoresponders’
- view and analyse statistics related to your email campaigns – open rate, click through, forwards etc.
In recent years however, GetResponse has shifted its emphasis considerably: the product now aims be more of an ‘all-in-one’ e-commerce and marketing solution rather than just an email marketing tool.
Accordingly, in addition to email marketing, GetResponse now also provides e-commerce features, webinar hosting, landing pages and automated sales funnels.
GetResponse has recently introduced new features, including conversion funnels and webinar hosting, that aim to make it more of an ‘all in one’ marketing platform
GetResponse has been in business since 1998 and, according to the company, over 350,000 individuals and businesses now use the platform for their email campaigns.
Whilst this userbase is not as big as those for some other email marketing tools (notably Mailchimp), it is large enough to provide confidence that the company is well-established and is not likely to disappear any time soon.
There are four GetResponse plans:
- Basic — starting at $15 per month to send an unlimited number of emails to up to 1,000 subscribers
- Plus — starting at $49 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
- Professional — starting at $99 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
- Max — negotiable.
As you add more subscribers to your list, the costs increase. At the top end of the scale, you can expect to pay $450, $499 or $580 per month to use GetResponse with a list containing 100,000 subscribers on the ‘Basic’, ‘Plus’ and ‘Professional’ plans (respectively).